USDA Organic & Fair Trade Certified
WHY IS TOO STRONG COFFEE AMAZING?
All of our coffee is USDA Organic and Fair Trade Certified and custom roasted to perfection. Our bags are recyclable and our coffee’s beans are sourced from environmentally conscious organic farming throughout the world. By being Fair Trade Certified, we guarantee farmers with price security, which they are able to use for sustainable production and projects that help benefit their communities and improve their businesses
WHAT DOES FAIR TRADE CERTIFIED MEAN?
When you see a product with the Fair Trade Certified seal, you can be sure it was made according to rigorous social, environmental, and economic standards. FairTradeCertified.org works closely on the ground with producers and certifies transactions between companies and their suppliers to ensure that the people making Fair Trade Certified goods work in safe conditions, protect the environment, build sustainable livelihoods, and earn additional money to empower and uplift their communities.
WHAT DOES USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC MEAN?
Right now, the most meaningful label on your food, in terms of upholding specific government requirements, is the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) organic seal. For a product to be certified organic, it’s required to meet specific standards:
- Organic crops cannot be grown with synthetic fertilizers, synthetic pesticides or sewage sludge.
- Organic crops cannot be genetically engineered or irradiated.
- Animals must eat only organically grown feed (without animal byproducts) and can’t be treated with synthetic hormones or antibiotics.
- Animals must have access to the outdoors, and ruminants (hoofed animals, including cows) must have access to pasture.
- Animals cannot be cloned.